An Introduction to Socializing, Training, and Caring for your Puppy
Who: 1-2 adult owners with their 12wk- 6mo old puppy
- Puppy must have started its vaccination series for Distemper/Parvo
- Children 10 and over may join with an adult; adult must oversee minor at all times
When: Thursdays, starting Sept. 08 through Oct 06 (5 weeks) @ 6:30pm-7:15pm
- Class includes 30 minutes of instruction, handling, and training practice
- The class ends with 15 minutes of social, off-leash play
Cost: $180, includes 2 free DayCamp passes for dog attending the class
How: Start your new puppy off right and develop a caring, respectful relationship with your new friend by shaping your puppy into a confident dog that understands the foundational skills of good canine behavior.
What you and your puppy will need:
- A positive attitude!
- All dogs should have a restraint, preferably an appropriate slip lead and/or a lead and flat collar; harnesses are acceptable. Please no retractable leashes.
- Confirm with your veterinarian that your puppy has started the puppy booster vaccination series and that a puppy introduction class is appropriate (please send a copy of vaccination records to DogDayz before the first class).
- Highly motivating reward, such as small treats and/or a toy.
Recommended to bring:
- Dogs should have identification, such as a collar with identification tags
- Waste bags
- Grooming brush
Goals: Owners who diligently work with their puppy between and during class will be expected to accomplish several goals.
- Learn approaches for dealing with unwanted behaviors, including chewing and jumping
- Crate training
- Potty training
- Loose leash walking
- Starting an acceptance for groom procedures, including nail trims, bathing, and brushing
- Accepting other people
- Learn basic commands, including, “sit”, “down”, “leave-it”, “give-it”
Our main goal is that you have a well-mannered, well-trained, well-socialized house dog.